WHAT IS BALATONNET?
BalatonNET is a Christian, interdenominational event for all age groups, for great and small, at the Lake Balaton. Quality Bible teaching, interdenominational fellowship, children and youth programs, concerts, mission exhibition and a fun beach program – these are all part of the unique BalatonNET experience since 2007.
Organized by the Hungarian Evangelical Alliance this program is a gem of all Christian summer family programs in Hungary. Come and see! This year the BalatonNET will take place from the 21st of August to the 25 th of August in Balatonszemes. BalatonNET is a free event – you just have to complete a registration at the venue. It is a light structure conference – everybody takes care of their accomodation and food according to their needs. The program expenses are funded by donations specifically given to BalatonNET. See more about it below under “Support BalatonNET!”
OUR THEME FOR 2019
Lead-life. Did you know that in the Bible there is more content about material things (work, time, debt, giving, possessions, money, decisions) then about prayer or love? The reason for this is because all these material things set the quality of our spirituality. If you show me how you spend your time and money, I will tell you what is important for you and where your heart is. This year’s BalatonNET will be very practical, and we will also offer life-coaching for participants. Come and join us in Balatonszemes!
The date for this year’s BalatonNET: 21th to the 25th of August.
Venue: Balatonszemes, Reich Károly elementary school (Gárdonyi Géza street 1.)
- Our Wednesday evening speaker will be Albert Pető (Baptist pastor) The title of his preaching is Everything belongs to God.
- On Thursday morning Daniel Püski, pastor of one of the Debrecen Reformed churches will teach on trusting God.
- Thursday evening Norbert Izsák (coach, author, teacher, leader of the Pentecostal Seminary coaching program) will speak on decision making and asking for advice.
- On Friday morning Zsolt Szilágyi, pastor of the Debrecen Free Church will teach on living according to eternal values.
- Friday evening Imre Somody (businessman) will speak on work in the life of a believer.
- On Saturday morning Tamás Pafkó (pastor of Trinity Bapitst Church in Debrecen) will teach on integrity.
- Saturday evening Albert Durkó (Pentecostal pastor from Bekes, leader of the Pentecostal Roma Mission) will teach on giving sacrificially.
- Sunday morning János Sámuel Győri will close the event, teaching on contentment.
- Translation will be provided in English during the morning and evening sessions. The worship team will come from Latter Rain Pentecostal Church from Érd.
Children’s and youth program
Child Evangelism Fellowship and Youth For Christ are providing a high quality children and youth program for the children. While the parents are listening to solid Bible teaching, their children also enjoy quality Christian children and youth programs.
NETBeach is a fun program at the Lake Balaton beach every afternoon from 2 until 5 p.m.
This year there will be only one thing that matter, the Balaton itself – so there is no organized program. Be lazy on the beach or enjoy to the watersports on the lake!
The Bill Drake Band will give a Saturday evening concert this year on his Legacy album – what kind of legacy are you leaving behind?
BalatonNET is a free event. Everybody takes care of their own accomodation and food and the Hungarian Evangelical Alliance organizes the program. The fact that it is free does not mean that we have no expenses! We have significant expenses as we promote the event, rent the sound, light and multimedia systems, cover the travel, food and accomodation for our speakers, rent the tents and the games for the NETBeach. BalatonNET is funded by donations by people like you and churches like the one you attend. Please consider supporting BalatonNET! You can send the donations to the bank account of the Hungarian Evangelical Alliance. Please mark “BalatonNET” in the comment.